8/28/2016

DAY37 Day-Off in Cashel(Ireland)



Woke up at 7am but felt something dull on my hipbone.

It might have come from camping for 2 nights in a row.

I decided to take a day-off today.

There’s still a long way to go, 2500km from Hamburg to Lisbon.


When I opened a message box of Facebook, I was surprised to see a message from a lady. Kristen Docherty is her name.

I met her when she was 2 years old in Edmonton, Canada while I was biking across Alaska and Canada in 1994.

I had met her parents Terry and Michael in Idaho, USA while I was biking across USA in 1991. Then we had promised to meet up again in Canada and I made it come true.

When I was running yesterday, it occurred to me what had become of them.

In her reply, she said she remembered me and still had the article of a local paper.

Hope we’ll meet someday in Canada.


I enjoyed horse carriage riding tour for the first time today.

The horse carriage went around Cashel watching historical architecture taking about half an hour.

Cashel is a nice place from which I can taste the flavor of medieval Europe.


Walked around Cashel in One-Tooth Geta late afternoon.

Quiet Sunday…yes, it’s the final Sunday of August.

Kids have to get back to school when September starts.


Tonight I am invited to beer party with some staff of this hostel.



*Today’s Distance: 0 km

*Total Distance in UK: 1009.0 km

*Total Distance in Ireland: 168.7 km

*Total Distance in Europe: 1177.7km

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment