1/18/2014

Day140 Cann River to Genoa 47.9km

After taking 3 days off in Cann River, I got back on the road again.


When I left this morning, I san ROAD CLOSED sigh in front of the motel.


They say it was just because of the bush fire, which is still burning the west of Cann River. Fire seemed to coming up to the east.


But fortunately, heatwave was gone. Much cooler this morning.



While I was taking a break on the roadside, there came two cyclists.

Roberto from Mexico and Annika from Germany.

They say they are traveling around the world and they have already visited about 20 countries.

We took pictures of each other and exchanged business cards.


Highway 1 forces me to follow tough and hard mountain route.

I cannot help but walk up in climbing hills but running down hills gives me a hard time. It's sometimes hard to control the speed. If I run down fast, it's not good on my knees.


Long and winding road led me to the caravan park, Genoa.

There used to be a caravan park but now it is just a park with toilets and showers.


Roberto and Annika were already there waiting for me.

And three more companies are together.


Party tonight! We drank beer.

Fortunately there was a hotel/bar near caravan park.

Seems like there used to be a grocery store but this town is getting isolated.


We shared food cooked by each one of us.

Stake, hamburg, Pasta and ramen noodle…


Talked, laughed and shared a happy time…





*Today's Distance: 47.9km

*Total Distance from Perth: 4630.2km

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment