2/22/2015

Remember 2.22

It is just 4 years today since Christchurch Earthquake struck the Canterbury Region in New Zealand's South Island.

185 people including 28 Japanese were killed on that day.


When I saw ChristChurch Cathedral for the first time in 20 years, I was so shocked at the building that I was not able to move for a while.

It was the same feeling as I had felt when I first visited earthquake & Tsunami disaster stricken area in Japan.

Actually I found the similarity between both of two earthquakes.

It always takes a long time to recover from the disaster.

Local government keeps making an effort.

But I guess we civilians also have something we can do for restoration.

After my PEACE RUN 2014 Running Across New Zealand, I’m trying to tell my pals about what I saw and experienced in New Zealand.

Some may visit New Zealand as tourists. More or less it will help in many ways.

As a runner I want to address to Japanese runners to participate in Christchurch Marathon held on May 31 this year.

What’s the most important is never to forget what actually happened. It will be a part of the history for sure. We have to keep it in our mind and tell the about it from generation to generation. That’s our duty.


May the soul of the victims’ rest in peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment