1/31/2015

Day78 Waimate to Timaru



The final day of January. And one-twelfth of the year is over.

5 days to Christchurch.

I have enjoyed anything in New Zealand including people, nature and culture.

There’s no doubt that I learned so many things.

After I come back to Japan, I have so many things to do but now I have to live for today and live for the moment.


We can create world peace by keeping peace of mind, throwing away our ego and accept anything.

That’s also what I learned through travel.

Throwing away ego means to become a part of the universe.

We don’t need any desire but we live to share anything with someone else.

There’s nothing that belongs to you. Even your life is given to you.


It rained much in the morning. I haven’t seen blue sky for a few days but this rain will be good to the dry ground.


Ran about 1040km in January. I have run 2587.66km since I left Auckland on the 15th of November.

Just 200km to go to Christchurch in 5 days.

No more big hills. Even head wind brows, heavy rain falls, I got to go forward.



Running every day I talk to two legs of my own.

“Are you OK?” “Can you hold on?”

They don’t say anything but I know they are also part of me and they are doing their best.

My heart and body keep running as well as my soul.

There is no time for troubles and accidents.

Although there is 200km less than I have expected but I’m sure I can finish just in time.

I really appreciate the road on which I’m running, two legs of my own and all the supporters and sponsors of mine.


I decided to run by the 5th of February after running about 250km since I left Ranfurly.

There’s no problem on my legs and body at all even if I have run 1000km per month.

As I run so slowly, I’m not tired at all and I can sleep well at night.

I eat two meals per day plus some snacks from time to time.

I don’t eat so much but I can run enough.

I wonder if it’s true of others but I don’t believe any common sense that someone creates by themselves.

For me running is just a tool for transportation not for races.

Time and record don’t matter at all.

All I need is communication between body and mind.

They may encourage each other. It’s good for them to work together. That’s why I keep running a long distance each and every day.


We can do almost anything by moving 6000 billion cells in the level of soul.

Now all the cells of my own move one by one, some of which don’t move so often.


But this goal is nothing but a waypoint of 40000km on 5 continents around the world.


According to my plan...


Sun. 1 Geraldine
Mon. 2 Mount Sommers
Tue. 3 Glentunnel
Wed. 4 West Melton
Thu. 5 Christchurch(Finish)




*Distance Today: 45.72km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2583.66km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment