1/25/2015

Day72 Omakau to Ranfurly



The first thing which came into my eyes when I woke up this morning was the Southern Cross shining so brightly in the night sky.

I was so happy feeling something good would happen today.

It was hot last night too and it’ll be sunny with no rain today.

Leaving Omakau at 6:40, I followed Otago Central Rail Trail.

Gravel road which used to be railway tracks. It’s good for mountain bike riders but not good for road bikers.

For me it’s not good either because the tires are too thin to run on gravel road. Sometimes it’s hard to control and it takes more power to push and go.

About 10:40 Susan the cyclist from Switzerland caught up with me. She said she would stay at camping ground tonight.

It’s been dry and hot recently with no rain at all.

A bit cool today.

With no rain and no watering, grasses won’t be green any more.

Sheep too seem to feel hot but they cannot take off their real wool coat.

After running 25km on the trail, I got out of the trail and got back to SH85.

Running on the trail gives me shocks and makes both my hands numb.

Even front wheel axel of my buggy gets more damage.

Met some tourists from Christchurch in Oturehua.

I was taking a break on the bench and enjoying an ice candy in front of the grocery store.

About 10 people gathered around me. They kept asking some questions and I started talking about PEACE RUN.

Some of them took pictures of me and VIENTO the buggy.

All of them had the same opinion as for WORLD PEACE. We never ever want any war or terrorism to break out again.


After covering a 630 meter-peak the highest point today but some more rolling hills. And then head wind did welcome me.

Tough and hard day today too. Ran more than 50km 3 days in a row!

After 6pm, I finally finished running 72nd day at Old Post Office Backpackers Hostel in Ranfurly.

According to its name, it used to be a building of post office.

The owner Bill and Suzy took good care of me. I really appreciate it.


By the way, Ranfurly sounds the same as ran fully, doesn’t it?


*Distance Today: 58.19km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2348.36km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos


No comments:

Post a Comment