1/13/2015

Day60 Invercargill to Bluff



It’s 2 months tomorrow since I left Auckland.

In 4 weeks I’ll be back in Christchurch to finish my run.


Left Invercargill at 8am.

Soon it started to rain.

Put on rain suits. 13 degrees is not warm.

With no sunshine, it’s been chilly.


Encountered a female adventurer from London just after I left Invercargill.

Anna was her name.

She started running across New Zealand in Bluff yesterday.

It’s Day2 today. She runs 20km per day taking 5 months to cover 2000 miles(3200km) until she gets to Cape Reinga.

Maybe I’ll catch up with her soon somewhere along the road.

She was quite surprised and glad to know that another runner is running across New Zealand.

We exchanged name cards and hugged goodbye.


It’s been raining on and off. Soon after entering the town of Bluff it stopped.

The Stiring Point is about 1km away from the town center and 1900km away from Auckland.

At 1:21pm, I arrived at the point and finished my running across New Zealand.

Spent about 1 hour there taking some photos and chatting other tourists.

But this is not the end of my run here.

Tough and hard run starts here.

At 3pm I checked in at Bluff Lodge Backpackers Hostel.


Bluff looks similar to Wakkanai, Hokkaido.

If so, I should say that the Stirling Point is like Cape Soya.

Very quiet town. They say it is a popular and famous town for oyster business.

Now it is a tourist spot just because it is the southernmost point of New Zealand. But not every tourist comes here.

Maybe some tourists stop by on the way around Invercargill.

There are not so many people coming just to take a photo of the Stirling Point.


I am here just to visit the Stirling Point for the first time in 20 years.

I have no idea what happened to me here 20 years ago.

But it’s worth visiting because this is the south end of my run.


Yes, New Zealand is a paradise for travelers.

If you want, you can enjoy a comfortable travel.

So someone who wants much tougher and wilder travel, it’s not enough.

I should have a task to challenge as Adventure Runner.

All I want is a run from my soul.

I’ll go and run my own way.



For me, travel is not a tool by which I can reach somewhere but a process itself to move on.

It’s more important than anything else to learn something on the very way moving from one point to another.

There are so many encounters and discoveries, notices and learnings there. Travelers can get anything by the power of sensitivity.

I’ve already done about 12,000km under the name of PEACE RUN Running 40,000km on 5 Continents around the World.

But I just want to keep moving on just to move on, getting nowhere.

Wonder what road and people are waiting for me, which I don’t know until I get there.

There must be someone to meet or some experiences to enjoy unless I visit.

No matter when and no matter where I am, I want to keep traveling with a pure childish heart so that I can get excited forever.

I wanted to become a forever traveler when I was 23.

But 31 years from then, I’m still a traveler.

Exactly speaking, I’m a dreamer.

To keep traveling forever is to keep dreaming.

Dreams are for us to make them come true, not just for dreaming of.

And my life is the very stage where I can make my dream come true.




*Distance Today: 33.99km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1910.52km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment