1/28/2015

Day75 Dunback to Hampden



Woke up to find myself okay.

Isn’t it incredible for me to have myself already recovered?

I ran almost 67km yesterday!

Today less than 40km to Hampden but some more hills.

I remember running that route from north to south just one month ago.

Left Dunback at 8am.

Route 85 is not fun for most of tourists because there’s nothing special to see or experience but I like it.

It’s fun to find something that even local people cannot experience or see.

Sheep trucks come and go so often.

Some drivers give me a horn instead of saying hello to me.

After running 13km I reached Palmerston where I did some shopping.

I love towns with population less than 100. People living there make great effort to try to please a tourist like me who happens to step into the town with the best of their hospitalities. Isn’t it something exciting and interesting?


About 1pm, I checked in at a motel in Hampden.

I saw the Pacific Ocean for the first time in a while.

I realized I came back to SH1.

I have seen lots of mountains so far and it’s kind of exciting to see the blue sea.

All I can do is run north to Christchurch. About 300km to go.

But still I have head wind today too!



*Distance Today: 38.90km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2454.02km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos


No comments:

Post a Comment