1/07/2015

Day54 Dunedin to Lake Waihola



Spent 4 days and took a perfect rest in Dunedin but finally I get back on the road again.

I remember the hard time when I struggled climbing when I entered Dunedin.

And I remember what happened to me yesterday.

A Chinese boy told me I was a famous runner. His friend is a cyclist but he knows about me very well.

I’ve never thought about that.

I checked out at Kiwis Nest after spending 4 nights.

Last night I slept at dormitory, where there were 4 beds.

Not so noisy but very cozy.

At 8am, I met Mac at the Dunedin International Peace Pole just before Otago Museum.


Then I got interview at Radio One 91FM of Otago University.

Jamy was a DJ. He asked me so many questions.

The questions included about nuclear power plant, World Peace, my travel and so on. We were talking about 15 minutes.

Then at 9am we came back to Peace Pole where Pita came and see me off.

Mac and I headed for the railway station. Pita took a movie of our running and riding together in Mac’s i-Phone.


Had a really good time with Mac. He took a good care of me while I was in Dunedin.

I’m so glad to have met him.

Next time we will meet in Christchurch where they have a meeting of World Peace Bell.


Saying goodbye to them, I got back on the road again.

Running on a side road of SH1 which is motor way for a while.

The former half was a hilly route, but the latter almost flat.

Wind blows hard all day, mostly head wind. It’s still cool with the temperature lower than 20 degrees.

Running less than 50km makes me feel “SHORT” and hills, whether it is steep or not I have to go. What’s important is I have to accept as it is.

At 5:30 I arrived at Lake Waihola Holiday Park.

What a surprise! I saw Katrina waiting for me at the entrance of Holiday Park!

I saw her at Holiday Park in Omarama for the first time and on the highway entering Oamaru for the second time.

So this is the third time we met.



Tonight I’m going to stay at cabin.

No rains for a while so far. Mostly cool.

4 days to go to get to Invercargill. I’ll do my best!


*Distance Today: 46.37km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1707.7km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment