1/22/2015

Day69 Queenstown to Arrowtown


Because of the time limit (90 days from the arrival), I have to skip some of the route I planned.

From Queenstown I'm going to head to the north-east and finish in Christchurch.

Will run 575km in 2 weeks. Some more hills...Got to enjoy it!


Next time I’ll run along the west coast from Pikton.

I’d like to visit Mt.Cook, Milford Sound and Te Anau.


Leaving at 9:30. Saying goodbye to the great view of Lake Wakatipu.

As soon as I left Queenstown, hill climb started.

Some were steep hills but no problems at all today just 20km.

Seemed like perfect weather. Sunny and dry. Humid summer in Japan is totally different.


Saw some cyclists on the way. And triathletes too. They seem to practice on the hilly route.

About 1pm, I checked in at holiday park in Arrowtown.

Just 20 years ago I was here for a gold panning tour.

They say this town used to be at its best during the gold rush age but now it’s very quiet.

Some more hills to go.

Tomorrow 48km to Cromwell.

550km in 2 weeks from here. If I run 45km average per day, I’ll be in time to finish in Christchurch. Hopefully I’d like to finish on February 5.

As the travel is coming to an end, I feel kind of sad.

I am supposed to leave New Zealand on February 9 from Christchurch.

Planning the final run 10km away from Christchurch to Cathedral Square.

I wish as many runners and cyclists as possible come and join me.

Looking forward to the day.



*Distance Today: 22.88km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2186.26km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos


No comments:

Post a Comment