1/11/2015

Day58 Clinton to Mataura



As railway track is very close to this motel, I heard the cargo train running just before dawn.

But except that the town is pretty quiet with no other noises.


Highway 93 crosses SH1 just in front of the motel. I’ll follow Highway 93 today. Traffic is less than SH1, I’m sure.

Left the motel at 7:40. The town is always quiet even in the evening and the morning as well.

Wondering where all the cars and people are gone.


Some hills in the former half. Just kept running with no one to talk to but cows and sheep in the farm.

Cloudy. Sometimes drizzle. Wind blew from west or southwest.

Had a chilly head wind almost all the time.

No flat road so far. Rolling hills are endless.


Finished at a motel in Mataura at 3pm.

Tomorrow I follow SH1 again. I’ll reach the southernmost city Bluff the day after tomorrow.

But I still have to keep running along the west coast until I get to Hokitika.

Then I’ll be back in Christchurch my final goal via Arthur’s Pass.

Hopefully I’d like to finish by the time the first week of February ends.


*Distance Today: 43.89km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1826.45km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment