1/30/2015

Day77 Oamaru to Waimate



Tomorrow is the final day of January.

On February 5th I will finish my run at Cathedral Square, Christchurch.

On 9th I’ll leave New Zealand from Christchurch.

Hope everything will be all right until I get back home.


Shige-san made an excellent meal. Chimney’s B&B is worth visiting for sure!


Started at 8:40. Drizzle again. Not so cold.

Almost flat route today. I ran on the flat road for the first time in New Zealand, didn’t I?

Get off SH1 and follow Route82 to Waimate.

Small town but I like this size of town.

I checked in at a motel whose owner John is also a runner.

He has completed some full marathons.

We talked about running for a while.

How lucky I am!

He gave me a 20 dollars discount of ordinary rate.

Today I covered 2500km in New Zealand. Just 250km to Christchurch.


Last night I visited blue penguins’ colony in Oamaru.

Here’s a YouTube movie which someone who visited Oamaru uploaded.




According to my plan...

Sat.31 Timaru
Sun. 1 Geraldine
Mon. 2 Mount Sommers
Tue. 3 Glentunnel
Wed. 4 West Melton
Thu. 5 Christchurch(Finish)

Just 250km to Christchurch. A week to go!!


*Distance Today: 48.95km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2537.94km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment