1/04/2015

Day51 Dunedin



I had a hard time from tough and hard hill climb yesterday but I don’t feel so bad.

What’s done is done. Probably my body knows it so well.

Hope my body is strong enough to be like an iron which is hit while it’s hot.


Before noon I hopped into city center on Ipponbageta.

Walking along George Street, I looked outstanding.

Mac and I was supposed to meet Governor’s Cafe at 11:30am but I left before 11 to enjoy city watching.

I still remember Knox Church when I first saw this tall building 20 years ago.

Mac is kind of a good mixer. He likes to take photos with anyone he doesn’t even know wherever he is.

After that, Pita showed me around the city in his car.

Enjoyed the great view of the city from lookout on the mountain.

Yes, I saw the same landscape yesterday but I was too tired to enjoy the view while climbing so hard.

Next we visited Lanarch Castle. It is the only castle in New Zealand.

This is a mansion which some rich man built. Its garden and cottage, cafe are open to public.

Pita says his mother was from Kyushu, Japan. That’s why he’s much interested in Japanese culture. He says he’s been to Japan several times but never in Hokkaido.

Speaking of Hokkaido, Dunedin has a sister city in Japan. Yes, Otaru is it.

Every time I walk on Ipponbageta, I am paid much attention to by everyone around me.


*Distance Today: 0km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1661.33km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 


No comments:

Post a Comment