1/14/2015

Day61 Bluff to Invercargill




13 degrees in my room this morning.

Still chilly. The road is a bit wet because of a slight rain last night.

Got to get back in Invercargill again.

Next target is Queenstown and Wanaka.

Hope it will be warm and sunny.


Today I met some cyclists.

After running about 10km there come two cyclists.

They are Dan and Ben from Sydney, Australia.

They started in Picton cycling around South Island.

First they cycled along the west coast and today they are going to reach Bluff. Then next cycle along the east coast.

Cycle tourist are easy to come across wherever we are. But it’s unusual and very rare to see a running traveler like me.

Most of runners run at running races or they run as a daily routine around their neighborhood.


Next cyclist were Yutaka from Hyogo, Japan.

He said he was going to enjoy cycling in Australia.

He’s a vegan and he wants to promote a vegan campaign.

We chatted for a while along the roadside.

We may have a chance to meet again in Japan.


About 2pm, I came back in Invercargill after running 34.86km from Bluff.

Cloudy all the morning but sunny broke late afternoon.

Tonight I stay at a backpackers hostel near SH6.

For a while I’ll run along SH6.


It’s been chilly and cold running with a jacket on.

It’s too chilly to run with only a T-shirt on.

Not so cold as long as I run but once I stop running I feel cold.

Soon total distance from Auckland will be 2000km, still far from 3000km that I have long expected.

But I got to keep running.



It’s just 2 months tomorrow since I left Auckland.

I’m running as slow as ever. Taking a day-off so often and I run as far as 1000km per month.


Everyday is a winding road but I have fun.

Without any exact plan I can go on with no troubles.

That’s what I really want to appreciate.

What I got to do is enjoy myself while traveling.




*Distance Today: 34.86km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1945.38km

*See Where I am 

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment