1/03/2015

Day50 Palmerston to Dunedin



Left Palmerston at 7:20.

Some small hills one after another.

About 6km point, Mac showed up with his friend Erina.

Erina gave him a ride here with his bike.

Mac and I met in Christchurch for the first time at Peace Bell meeting.

As he promised he was here for riding with me.

He’s also a teacher and a bike lover too.

He once cycled across Japan from north to south.

We are the same kind as we love PEACE, always searching for the way to WORLD PEACE.

Today there were two peaks on the way. The first one was OK. But the second one was not easy. Hill climbing seemed to last forever.

Some were too steep to run. So I just kept pushing and walking.

Downhill also too steep and long, my right hand got numb on the brake lever.

I took a break from time to time so that both my knees wouldn’t get damage.

This hill climb may be harder than climbing Mt. Fuji twice per day.

Or should I say running 100km trail marathon, running 100km marathon two days in a row.

It was quite hot and dry. I drank 5 liter water today.

Without Mac pedaling with me, I may have quit somewhere along the road or I might have kept walking not running.

So many people we talked on the way today.

And I got interviewed by Otago Daily Times (ODT). The article will be seen on Monday paper.

On Tuesday I have a chance to present to Erina’s international students.

We visited Erina as soon as we arrived in Dunedin. Drank some local beer as a small welcome party.

Finally I checked in at Kiwi’s Nest Backpackers Hostel in Dunedin about 7pm. Too exhausted to speak normally.

I have run 271km in total since Monday in 5 running days.

This pace equals to 1600km running in a month.

I was planning to run tomorrow too but I don’t want to run for a while. No, I can’t. I’m sure that’s enough.


I’ll never ever forget today’s run. It will be recorded as one of the hardest run in my life.


*Distance Today: 56.69km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1661.33km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment