1/12/2015

Day59 Mataura to Invercargill



Perfectly quiet morning in the town of Mataura.

Whole town is sleeping.


Started at 6:40am.

Heading to Invercargill 50km away from here.


Headwind was blowing all day.

The former hals was some hills but the latter half almost flat.

Without head wind I was able to run more easily.

With a strong head wind I felt as if I had been climbing mountains.


Seems like wind encouraged me to slow down.

Running along Old Dunedine Road, but some part about 5km was gravel road.

Quiet enough to enjoy running country side.


In the afternoon, sunny blue sky spreads but the chilly wind was blowing.

Peace Run should not make any enemies. So I always run with head wind together.

All I can do is accept anything.


At 3:45pm, I checked in at backpackers hostel in Invercargill.


Tomorrow is the day I reach Bluff the southernmost point of New Zealand.

And I’ll be at the Sterling Point which is the end of the State Highway 1.

Finally I finished running across New Zealand at Bluff, 1900km away from Auckland.

But I got to keep running until I get back to Christchurch.


Running is, for me, a tool for transport as English is nothing but a communication tool.

Yes, transport means travel.

Tool itself is a tool, means, not a purpose.

These two are the tools by which I seek for peace.


Talking to people whom I meet on the way and share a happy time with them.

That’s what I can do just because I’m a traveler and I can understand English.

Unknown world has been waiting for me.

There are so many people there whom I cannot meet unless I go on a journey.

27000km on the rest of 3 continents.

Let’s go by two legs of my own!




*Distance Today: 50.08km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1876.53km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment