1/29/2015

Day76 Hampden to Oamaru




Cloudy.

Cool morning.

Calm and quiet morning. I really appreciate having such a great time here at this motel.

34km to Oamaru. One week to go to finish my Running Across New Zealand.

Next Thursday will be my final run.


Left Hampden at 8:20am.

Glad I had no head wind.

Drizzling then blue sky spread.

Running along the east coast but there are mountains along the way.

Wherever I run, I cannot get away from hills. It’s New Zealand.

Sheep trucks come and go very often.

About 3pm I finished today’s run at B&B run by Shige-san where I spent New Year’s Eve and New Years Day.

I had never expected to be back here in Oamaru again.

But I guess there’s a reason for sure.

Everything that happens here in the world has a meaning.

SH1 between Oamaru and Timaru is the route I haven’t taken on southward bound.

Just 300km to go to Christchurch.

I have kept pushing my buggy aiming for the peak thousands of times but it finishes in just a week.

Sooner or later all these memories are gone somewhere in my mind.

A herd of sheep and cows cannot be seen once I get back home.

Those are the scenes I can see only in Hokkaido.

Thinking that way, I really like sheep and cows which have been so familiar scenes to me.



I have visited so many towns and cities in this country. I have seen so many people and have talked with them.

Running along so many roads, there have been so many encounters and discoveries.

I have learned and noticed in many ways.


What I am always trying to do is to open up my mind and catch as much as I can from anything that surrounds me with full of sensitivity.

And soaking up various things. They all mature inside me and some day will be fed back to this world in a better way.


What I have got through travel is the most precious thing of all.

To live, to run and to travel have the same meaning to me.

There’s one thing I have to learn and seek for betting my life.

To extreme the road..

I just follow the very one road by two legs of my own…




*Distance Today: 34.97km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2488.99km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment