1/26/2015

Day73 Ranfurly


Taking a day-off after tough and hard 3 days. 160km run was not bad but got some damage on my body as well as legs.

Yesterday Sam, a cyclist from San Francisco came late.

We talked a while about our journey. He has spent almost 4 weeks in South Island. Tomorrow he will finish his ride and fly back home from Queenstown via Auckland.

Did some shopping after laundry.

Sweetcorn was 99 cents and looked so sweet and I got one. It was so good.

It is said that we should take food cropped at the place at the right season of the year. It’s true.


I found that every house has a small garden and makes any kind of vegetables.

In summer the daytime is long and it’s good for crops.


There’s been little rainfall so far. They say they had just 4mm last month. They need to save water before the council orders them to limit.

Made a new plan for the route to Christchurch. I will have to follow the same route between Parlmerston and Oamaru as I ran from the south-bound.

430km in 12 days. It will be adjusted a bit more.

Still more hills. Seems like there’s no flat part.

I will finish my running across New Zealand on February 5th at Cathedral Square, Christchurch.


*Distance Today: 0km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2348.36km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment