1/08/2015

Day55 Lake Waihola to Balclutha



Late start. Sunny today. No rainfalls for a while.

Passed some small towns. Took a long break in Milton.

Met two cyclist today.

One is from Mr.Nagatoshi who lives in Wellington and enjoys cycling in South Island. He soon finished his trek in Dunedin.

The other, a cyclist from Switzerland.

It was a big surprise. He asked me if I had been running across Australia last year.

Yes, we have already met in Australia.

Kasper was his name. He runs a cycle shop in Switzerland.

While taking a vacation and enjoying cycling tour, he came across me between Melbourne and Sydney.

“What a small world!”

That’s what we both say.


After saying good bye to them, so many rolling hills slowed me down. Push and walk in climbing hills but run down hills. This interval gives me a damage on my legs and whole body.

If there’s nothing to push, it’s okay but pushing buggy especially on steep hills causes lots of stress. It cannot be helped.

About 5pm, I finished today’s run in Balclutha.

Visited David and Yumiko.

Yumiko is a Facebook friend of mine. She’s been following my journey from the start.

After taking shower, we enjoyed chatting over beer.

We had a good time enjoying KENDAMA and Ipponbageta(One-Tooth Clog).

As the sun sets about 10pm, daytime is very long about this time of the year.


*Distance Today: 41.20km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1748.2km

*See Where I am  

*See More Photos 



No comments:

Post a Comment