1/17/2015

Day64 Winton to Lumsden



50km to Lumsden today.

2 days to Queenstown.


Yes, I was here in New Zealand 20 years ago too.

It was when I was at a camping ground in Fox Gracier that I heard the news of Hanshin Awaji Great Earthquake.

Something awful was happening but I had no idea what to do.

I called my parents in Japan but it took 6 hours to get the phone connects.

Some of my friends in Kobe lost their houses and families.

20 years have passed since then…


Enjoying terrible head wind.

Mr.Sato a cyclist from Japan caught up with me just before entering Lumsden.

He said he also had met Mac in Dunedin.

At the library of Lumsden I met 2 other cyclists from France and Germany.

Luke from France treated us beer.

Later Mr. Kitamura joined us. He came here to see me with my third pair of shoes.

Finally today I completed running 2000km in New Zealand.


Soon after I arrived in Lumsden, it started to rain.

I checked in at cabin of camping ground at the north edge of the town.

Tomorrow 60km to Kingston.




*Distance Today: 52.19km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2037.84km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos


No comments:

Post a Comment