1/18/2015

Day65 Lumsden to Kingston



It stopped rain before dawn.

Clear sky with stars and crescent moon.

But wind was blowing from north.

60km to Kingston. It’s going to be a long day.


As a traveler, I am always trying to think in a flexible way.

I never get captured on a fixed idea or common sense.

Of course I do my very best just the way I am.


Head wind was blowing as soon as I got into SH6.

Ran on a cycle trail. Hard gravel road, mostly smooth surface.

It’s only for cyclists and pedestrian.

Stress free with no cars entering.

Got back to SH6 in Garston.


20km before Kingston chilly rain started to fall.

Plus hill climbing and head wind.

Got to be patient.

But it’s important to erase myself in my mind.

With no ego in me, I may not feel anything.

Just keep running with no one to talk to all day long.

Running on empty, trying to be nothing.

It isn’t easy but it’s a good opportunity to think how to be my-true-self.

At 7:30, I arrived at holiday park in Kingston.

It was one of the longest days in New Zealand.

I wanted to stay in cabin but 120 dollars didn’t make sense.

That’s why I chose to pitch my tent at tent site.

Finished pitching my tent at crowded tent site at 8pm.

Exhausted. Ate some crackers, canned tuna, nuts and dried fruits for dinner.

Went into sleeping bag without taking shower.



*Distance Today: 62.61km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2100.45km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos


No comments:

Post a Comment