1/19/2015

Day66 Kingston to Queenstown



Had some rain and wind last night.

Still raining in the morning.

9 degrees. Chilly but no heating system in my tent.

It’s always troublesome to put away a tent wet and heavy after camping in the rain.

I wish I could have time to dry my tent under the sun.


SH6 runs along the Lake Wakatipu which has a long shape from north to south.

Traffic becomes heavier between Kingston and Queenstown.

It’s because Queenstown is one of the most famous tourist spot.

Two big hills and five small ones, not so steep but I’ve always had three hard days in a row. Not much energy left.

Saw a beautiful rainbow on the lake.

It rained on and off. With the sunshine the scenes would have been more gorgeous.

A car stops from time to time. And I was often asked recently if I had a website of my own.

It means we are living in a digital age.


First I stopped by at New World the supermarket.

No such supermarket in Queenstown.

It’s a bit heavy to carry a lot of food and water but it’s a smarter way to get them cheaper.

Followed a quiet trail along the lakeside.

I like lakes here in New Zealand.

Cyclists, walkers and runners were seen there.

And along the lakeside were so many mansions and apartments.


After all I finished tough and hard 3 days at Pine Lodge, Queenstown.

Hijiri came by car and we had dinner at Japanese restaurant.

Isn’t it wonderful to enjoy Japanese food abroad?

I did felt so because I am used to eating simple food.

He came here when he was 18 and he’s been here for 28 years working as a guide for tourists from Japan.

His story sounds very interesting.

Maybe I can write a book about Japanese people whom I met here in New Zealand.

Day off tomorrow.

I have had one of the toughest and hardest days these three days.




*Distance Today: 51.03km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2151.48km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment