12/27/2014

Day43 Lake Tekapo



Calm quiet night. Hear the sound of the waves of lake Tekapo.

Out for a toilet before the dawn but stars was not to be seen.

Breakfast before kitchen gets crowded.

And during breakfast I need the charge all the batteries of IT tools.

During stay in my tent, kitchen is the only place I can get electricity. But during meal time it’s impossible because people come one at a time.

After that I went for a walk along the lakeside in Ipponbageta (One-Tooth Geta)

Wind was cool but I felt so good. Quiet, very few people were there.


After 9am, tourists gradually came around in tour bus almost every 10 minutes.

Shopping at 4 Square, the only supermarket in village.


Spent some hours at cafe where Wi-Fi was available.


Remembering 20 years ago when I first came here. I was still young at the age of 34 then.

Wondering how I felt when the color of the lake got into my eyes.

How are some companies doing whom I met at Youth Hostel?

Wrote some picture postcards to my pals.

Wind started to blow hard before noon. I got back to camp and took a nap after lunch.

At 5pm, in the village again.

Felt like summer had gone because of the chilly wind.

Before 6 at the Japanese Restaurant KOHAN. Dinner today was a late christmas gift from Maki whom I had met in Christchurch.

The restaurant was open 22 years ago. Just 2 years before I first visited Lake Tekapo.

This village used to be smaller but now it is different from that time.

Enjoyed tempura, salmon and rice. So good! I almost shed tears for the taste of food. The same thing happened when I was running across the Nullarbor Plain, Australia.

I thought about how terrible meals I usually eat.

Hope the readers of this blog will visit KOHAN in Lake Tekapo!

I really appreciate the network of people.

Yes, we’re all connected to each other.

Thanks Maki-san for introducing such a wonderful restaurant!

Thanks the owner of KOHAN for an excellent meal!!


*Distance Today: 0km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1330.33km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 



No comments:

Post a Comment