12/28/2014

Day44 Lake Tekapo to Twizel



Running along the canal road which is only for cyclists and pedestrians.

I remember riding along the canal 20 years ago too.

Thanks no cars come and go. This road is only for me!

Feeling so good. But back in State Highway 8 again where traffic is busy.

All of a sudden the scene of Lake Pukaki got into my eyes!

It looks like Lake Tekapo but today under sunny blue sky, the color milky blue of the lake and the snowcapped Mt.Cook were completely matched. How gorgeous!!

When I arrived at Mt.Cook Alpine Center, I thought I gave up running to Mt.Cook. But instead I made up my mind to head to Twizel directly.

I just want to enjoy slow and mellow run. I don’t have to spend time in crowded places.

When people are in a hurry or in a panic, they may forget how to enjoy their time.

Isn’t it good for us to enjoy and appreciate the time we are given.


The grass loos browny because it’s very dry. This scenery reminds me of the one in desert.

It was not so hot but the air is pretty dry. I drank about 3 liter water.


Mt. Cook seemed to say, “Be sure to come back some day!” That’s what I heard in my mind.

About 5:30, I checked in at tent site of Twizel Holiday Park.

No vacancy, fully occupied except a tent site. It can’t be helped during holiday season.


Crowded tent site is just like a dormitory of backpackers hostel.

Snoring, talking in sleep can be heard during your sleep.

And if you leave early in the morning, you got to be careful not to make any noise. Got to keep quiet anyhow.

Katrina, a cyclist from Switzerland is my neighbor.

She’s a solo cyclist, seems to enjoy riding as slow as I.


*Distance Today: 60.0km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1390.33km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment