12/08/2014

Day24 Wellington to Picton



Saying goodbye to Mikako my friend, I left her place at 7am for Ferry Terminal.

Ferry was supposed to leave at 2:45pm. So I had to kill my time in downtown Wellington.


I found people in Wellington quite health conscious.

In the morning many commuters run or ride bikes to their offices.

People are not so fat, which means they take exersise regularly.


Did some shopping at New World.

A young man at a checkout stand asked me some questions as for my running trek.

Anyone I saw in town seemed to be pretty friendly.

I learned why people said Wellington was a nice place to live in.

I took a break at Te Papa Museum and ate rice balls which Mikako made for me.

The taste of UMEBOSHI(pickled plums) was so good!

I realized how lucky I was to be a Japanese.


Arrived at ferry terminal at 12:30.

Had to wait more than 2 hours.

$55 for a ticket plus extra fee for my buggy $15, in total $70.


About 6:00, I landed on South Island for the first time in 20 years.

Picton is a small town but clean.
Then at 6:30 I checked in at Picton Campervan Park.

Tonight I stay at cabin out there.

Tomorrow I’m going to head southward. Hope I’ll be in Christchurch next week.



*Today’s Distance: 8.50km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 745.95km

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment