12/22/2014

Day38 Dunsandel to Ashburton



Woke up at 4:50am.

Traffic noise kind of bothered me just a little bit.

It’s 10 degrees inside the tent.

Not so cold. The rain stopped after midnight.

Started at 6:30. Boring State Highway 1.

When passing lanes occur, shoulders get narrow.

On the bridge over the Rakaia River, 1.8km long bridge with no shoulders but it’s all right.

Drivers were so patient and kind that they waited for me.



“You’re doing your best and I wait for you patiently.”

Their eyes seemed as if they were speaking like that.

I kept running as fast as possible but now I guess I didn’t have to do it.

After that I felt something wrong with my right ankle.

Walked sometimes and took a break at rest area.


The ray of the sun was too strong in the afternoon though wind was chilly. It reminded me of the sun of the Nullarbor Plain.


The air is dry and huge sprinklers keeps splashing water in the field.

Perfect sunny blue sky.


After 3pm I finished today’s run at Holiday Park in Ashburton.

Tonight I stay in cabin.

Cutlery and pans are rental costing me 5 dollars.

Ate two balls of lettuce that Mr. Hayasaka had given me.

Fresh vegetables makes me happy.



*Distance Today: 45.31km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1183.1km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 


No comments:

Post a Comment