12/30/2014

Day46 Omarama to Kurow


Started at 6:40. There’s only one peak but basically downhill route.

Tomorrow I’ll be back in the East Coast.

Some small hills continues. The first guy I met on the way was Noel, 65-year-old cyclist.

He says he likes riding a mouton bike. Even early in the morning after a party, he keeps pedaling while everyone’s sleeping. He’s happiest while riding his bike.

I liked his shining eyes like a child. I felt as if I had seen myself in him 11 years from now.

Hill after hill, my legs are okay but it got to be the tough run.

Lots of lakes in South Island. People enjoy camping, cycling, canoeing, kayakking, walking and running.

I am often talked to by many people.

“I saw you on the highway yesterday!”

Something like that often happens. Yes, I’m famous wherever I go.

About 4Pm, after running 54km I finished running today at Kurow Holiday Park.

There happened to be only one cabin vacant! But tomorrow there’s no vacancy unfortunately.

Tomorrow I’ll be in Oamaru 66km away from here. Final run in 2014.

New Year’s Day this year I was running around Melbourne, Australia. I have run a lot this year but that’s not enough.

I’ll run even on the New Year’s Eve.




One-Tooth Geta Strolls Around Lake Tekapo




Day44 Lake Tekapo to Twizel


*Distance Today: 54.00km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1476.52km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment