12/10/2014

Day26 Seddon to Ward




Leaving Seddon at 7am after saying goodbye to Yuki, a Japanese friend whom I met here.


Soon it started raining. I thought it would stop soon but it kept raining all day.

Wind blew so hard just like typhoon. It was a headwind.

Temperature was not so low but I was totally wet. I got soaked to my skin. Even inside my shoes wet.

Some more hills to go. Head winds kept me from going forward.

Felt like crying.

Huge trailers passed me by at 100km per hour with splashing water left behind.

Even though I want to quit, I cannot quit until I find a town.

How can I manage this situation if I have to go on 50km?

Fortunately I found a sign of WARD. I

I had to give up now. That’s all for today.

There’s only one motel in town.

It has a caravan and a tent site as well as cabin.

I chose a caravan, cheap but comfortable.

Unexpectedly short run today.

Both my hands were numb because of the cold chilly wind and rain.

I was happy while taking a hot shower that my hands were warm enough to move whole 10 fingers of mine.

Strong wind shivers the caravan just like earthquake.

It was warm yesterday and good tail winds were blowing.

Weather is always changeable and unstable.

I guess I’m often tested by something tough and hard.

This is all I got to do.

All I can do is enjoy everything along the way.


According to the owner of this motel, there’s no town between Ward and Kaikoura.

Got to get ready for tomorrow. I need enough food and water to keep me alive for two days. I may have to camp out on the roadside.



Sorry, no translation!

Having one of the toughest time in this trek, I had to give up running today.

But what I feel is human beings are made tougher than we imagine...



*Today’s Distance: 21.58km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 821.24km

*See More Photos

*See Where I Am Now


No comments:

Post a Comment