12/16/2014

Day32 Greta Valley to Amberley


Traffic noise has been heard all through the night.

It cannot be helped because State Highway is just 30 meters away from this caravan park.

Woke up at 5:40. Perfect sunny day again!

After breakfast I set out at at 7:30.

Oliver, a cyclist from UK caught up with me on the highway.

We met at the kitchen of Greta Valley Caravan Park last night.

He watched some of my YouTube movies after searching PEACE RUN on internet.

He said he was going to Amberley the same as I but would stay at campground near the beach.

I may be running in Europe next year and hope to see him again somewhere along the road.

I might have sunburnt on the top of my head because I am wearing sun visor.

Running in high latitude area, the ray of the sun is too strong but wind is a bit cold. I feel cold in the shade. Strange how the climate is.



Traffic is getting busier, which means the Christchurch is drawing near.

Tomorrow will be much busier, I’m sure. I got to take de tour.

Running on the highway, there are some risks I have to run.

There is no perfect safety on the highway. That’s why I have to risk my own life. It’s a kind of survival game how I should keep away from danger zone.


After 1pm I checked in at a motel in Amberley.

It is just in front of COUNTDOWN. What a good location!

I chose to stay at cabin.


9 days before Christmas. But I can hear no Jingle Bells.

A person who is from northern hemisphere like me have no exact idea how I can spend Christmas day in southern hemisphere.

It’s more typical in a small town with small population.

I can’t tell which season I am having, what month it is now until someone tells me.

Tomorrow 46km to the center of Christchurch.

I’ll come and visit a friend whom I was introduced on Facebook.



*Today’s Distance: 33.13km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1045.99km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment