12/14/2014

Day30 Kaikoura to Hawkswood


Woke up at 4:50 and started at 6:30 earlier than usual.

Clear blue sky and no wind. Feeling so good as if I would fly high.

Wind is a bit chilly but sunshine is warm enough.

Saw some fur seals here and there.

Two tunnels along the way, both of them were short.

20km after I left Kaikoura, State Highway 1 goes into the mountains. There were 3 passes and some small hills other than this.

Need to take my time but I can climb any hills.

Farming area, so familiar scenes I have seen so many times.



At 3:30 I finished today’s run at The Staging Post in Hawkswood.

It’s a part of the farm and traditional highland sheep station.

There’s a coach house next to my cabin.


My room is a dormitory but there’s no one but me.

State Highway is about 1km off from here. All I can hear is wind and the song of birds.

It’s been a long time since I last stayed such a quiet place as this.

Tomorrow will be a bit longer 55km to Greta Valley.


*Today’s Distance: 49.42km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 955.14km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment