12/15/2014

Day31 Hawkswood to Greta Valley


So quiet all through the night.

No traffic noise about 1km far off the highway.

Maybe it was the most quiet night I’ve ever had in New Zealand.


Started at 6:30. Today is the day when I cover 1000km from Auckland where I started just one month ago.

Have traveled so slow but steady moving forward.

Chilly but sunny, it seems like a perfect weather. No wind at all.

Got to care about ultra-violet. Both my lips are so dry.


Just keep running all by myself talking to my-inner-self with no one to talk to.

Isn’t it good to run empty-minded? But I have lots of things to think over.

About the future, business, family…and so on.

There will be more suffering and hardship until I finish 40,000km on 5 Continents.



Nobody knows about the future. Only time will tell.


They call it is Canterbury Plain but there are lots of small hills which annoys me so often.

Pushing a heavy buggy can damage my ankles and calves.

I have to appreciate both my legs.

Yes, they were really strong, maybe strong enough to run 40,000km.

Even 3,000km in New Zealand is not so easy.

Small towns along SH1.

The closer a big city is drawing near, the busier the traffic becomes. That’s the way it is.


Met Sally a few kilometers before Greta Valley.

She’s a cyclist from Scotland who is going to cycle around South Island. But she once walked across this country 15 years ago!


Isn’t it nice for us travelers to talk about how good it is to travel.

She must be a natural-born traveler like me.

I found many tourist from Europe, especially from UK, traveling in New Zealand.

It’s because their ancestors were the same, isn’t it?

Just before 5pm, I finished at caravan park in Greta Valley.


The owner, who has been to Japan some years ago, seems to like Japan.

We were talking about earthquakes that happened in Christchurch and Japan in 2011.

He said some buildings had been broken down at that time.

And also he had seen 3.11 Tsunami on TV news.




Finally total distance from Auckland has reached 10000km today.

Looking back I might have taken so many days off. Running 33km per day in such a mountainous country like this is not easy at all.


Still 2,000km to go until 9th of February, 2015 when I leave this country.

I have no idea if I can make it.

All I got do is just keep moving on till the end of the world.

I’m running and traveling as free as a wind.




*Today’s Distance: 57.72km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1012.86km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment