12/06/2014

Day22 Paparaumu to Wellington




After saying goodbye to Howard & Jan, I left Paraparaumu for Wellington.

Traffic was not so heavy on weekend.


State Highway 1 runs along the coastline for a while.

Where there was a footpath, I ran on it.



Met Richard the cyclist from London on the way.

He pulled a trailer carrying 40kg stuff on it.

Looked like mid-60s but he said he rode 80km per day.



He also said he liked New Zealand. He was on the way back to Auckland.

We took each other’s photo and said goodbye.



The closer Wellington became, the busier the traffic was.

To try to avoid motor way, I had to choose alternative route.

About last 10km was a hill climb, a bit hard to push my buggy.

1 kilometer took me 15 to 20 minutes. But I got to be patient.


At 4:30 finally I made it 52.4km from Paraparaumu.


Here I finished at Wellington Station where it was the end of my run in North Island.



A friend of mine welcomed me and I was invited to a party tonight. About 20 Japanese friends were together.

Talked with them about life here in New Zealand. Some of them has been here for so long.

Most of them say time passes so slowly here that they can have more time to relax themselves.

Talking with them has given me a time to think about myself.

Who am I? What am I doing? What’s the purpose of life?

And I may have to think about WHAT IS THE JAPANESE…during or through my trek around the world.


*Today’s Distance: 0km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 737.45km

*See More Photos 


No comments:

Post a Comment