12/24/2014

Day40 Geraldine



Office opens at 8am. I made up my mind to stay another night.

Fortunately I am able to stay at the same room, I don’t have to move.

Tomorrow all the stores in this country close. So I have to do some shopping for tomorrow.


And then I got to do some laundry. The owner allowed me to use washing machine for free.

Next I went out for a shopping in town in SAMUE and Ipponbageta (One-Tooth Clog).


Just after 9am, the supermarket was crowded with local people.

Parking space in front of the market was full of cars.

Got some stamps and picture post cards at post shop.


The owner was kind enough to give 45 dollars back for the donation to kids in Fukushima Prefecture. We were talking about earthquake and tsunami that happened in Japan in 2011.

Another surprising today was an encountering Franc from France.

While I was walking back from the supermarket, he said hi looking at my Ipponbageta and asked me what kind of shoes I wore.

And I asked him if he wanted to try on. Then that’s what he did.

He took off his socks and tried them on.

Funny how he got excited about it!!

He said, “This is AWESOME!!”


I told him about what Ipponbageta is like and Ipponbageta Club which is established to create WORLD PEACE.

>>  https://www.facebook.com/ipponbageta


To my surprise, he is also the one who travels around the world, walking and pulling a trailer.

It’s the Law Of Attraction, isn’t it?

I wonder why a man like him suddenly shows up in front of me.

He says he’s here in this country for working holiday and lives in Geraldine with his flat mate.

He asked me to come to the party tomorrow but I said I would leave tomorrow.

So I gave him my card so that we could keep in touch.


Back in at the hostel, the clothes were completely dried.

It means when I run under the summer sun like today I’ll be perfectly dried up the same as my clothes.


Learning and experiencing something every day while traveling.

It means whoever I meet on the way is a teacher. Wherever we meet is a classroom.

I still grow up if I accept anything in generosity.

The more positive I am to anything I see or hear, the better result I can receive.

Travelers are growing up each and every day. I got to keep learning today and tomorrow.



*Distance Today: 0km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1237.5km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment