9/30/2013

Day30 West to Esperance 27.4km

It started to rain about 10pm and wind also annoyed me again.

I had to guard my tent without sleep.

At least for 3 times I got out of my tent to  re-fix the pegs in the rain.

Once wind took one of the pegs off,  the flysheet was flapping in the wind.

Then rain fell onto the floor of my tent.

It was kind of a petit-panic, which amused me for a while.


All I could do  was to wait till the dawn. But there was nothing I could do but fixing the pegs.

Wiped away the water on the floor from time to time.

When the dawn broke I ate breakfast and started to run in the rain.

How sad to put away the heavy tent soaked completely.


It was chilly morning and my I got soaked to my skin.

Even into my shoes cold rain came, which made me cry.

When stopped raining, I felt so cold that I got to keep running.

Just 28km but I felt as if it had been forever.


Finally before noon, I arrived at YHA Esperance where I was supposed to stay!

So very glad to come back to civilization!


But unfortunately supermarkets in town were closed owing to Queen's Birthday holidays!






*Today's Distance 27.4km

*Total Distance from Perth: 1008.1km

*See More Photos

*

No comments:

Post a Comment