8/01/2024

DAY53: Reguengos de Monsaraz-Amareleja

IMG_6570.jpg

Started at 7am. It was cloudy in the morning, but the sun came out soon and it got hot, 35 degrees in the afternoon.

I continued on the national road today. I didn't reach the town of Amareleja, so I finally did some shopping at a supermarket. I stocked up on plenty of water.

Then I searched for a park where I could pitch a tent for several kilometers and decided on a corner of the Merendas de Amareleja Park.

This was my first camping since pitching a tent in a park in Biarritz, France. This was close to the Spanish border, and this might be my first and last camp in Portugal.

The sun set around 8:30, and the temperature was not dropping anytime soon. If I didn't drink enough water, I would definitely get dehydrated and get heatstroke.

It was going to get hotter from here onwards, and there were no accommodations in the town without tourist attractions. That meant I would mainly be camping in tents.

I shouldn't run in hot areas during hot seasons... (lol).


*Today's Photos

*YouTube Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment