6/11/2012

Day 3: Hamatombetsu-Esashi

Chilly morning.

This is the climate of winter, isn't it?

Running along the coastline of the Ohotsk Sea, I always have side wind.

While running I don't care but once I stop running I feel cold and start shivering.


The northeastern part of Hokkaido is kind of weird.

Very few people walk in downtown and each shop is very quiet as if they closed its business.

Many senior citizens can be seen but young generation can seldom seen in town.


Many schools have been closed with the population decreasing year by year.

Some lines of the JR(Japan Railway) stopped their services.

Abandoned houses here and there.

Ghost towns are easily born here for sure.


I wonder why people from Honshu don't move to Hokkaido.

There are so many open wide spaces that you can have many chances on business.

It's no use for people to move only to the captital Tokyo.



The sky is gray. I felt kind of depressed but I'll be patient.

Some rain, some shine...

I just can go on!





















*Distance today: 19.5 miles (31.3km)

*Total Distance from Wakkanai: 77.8 miles (125.2km)



More photos on KAY'S BLOG

http://kaytaka.blog35.fc2.com/blog-entry-1993.html

No comments:

Post a Comment