10/21/2013


Day51 44km from Cocklebiddy to Madura 47.7km

Camping in the rain all through the night.

Rained so hard from time to time that I was kind of nervous about water leaking from flysheet.

Pouring rain hit my tent, which sounded like machine gun.

Thunderstorm didn't cease after midnight.

When the dawn broke, I found myself safe.

This is the desert. I have no idea why it rains in the desert plain.


Miracles happened 17km west of Madura, where something that I had never expected really happened.


One car stopped about 2km far away. I recognized three of them got out of the car.

They were waving their hands. I waved mine too.

First, I had no idea who they were.

But as I got closer, I notice they wore light green jackets.

Oh, no! They are….Tenyu Pingpongs, aren't they!?



I was so surprised and glad to see them rushing to me.

My fiancé Piapi and I hold each other.

We met for the first time in 2 months.

Last time we met at Narita International Airport, where she sent me off to Australia.


Amazing! They had been in charge of this special and secret project.


Piapi ran with me for a while and we finally arrived at Madura Roadhouse.

Had a party. Tomorrow is my 53rd birthday.

In the middle of the desert plain called the Nullarbor Plain, today has become an unforgettable day in my life.

Thanks, Piapi, Goro and Sugar for coming and seeing me.





*Today's Distance: 47.7km

*Total Distance from Perth: 1830.0km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment