10/31/2013

Day 61 44km West to Nullarbor 43.4km

No wind in the morning. Very quiet except the noise of the traffic, especially of roadtrains.

But one hour after I started, the wind came from north east…head wind again.

When the wind comes from north, it means that it gets hot.

Sunny blue sky.

The sun shines perfectly.

After 10am the ray of the sun made me feel running in the real desert.

When the temperature rises up to 40 degrees, the hot wind blows, which dries me up completely.

It makes me feel like running on the heated frying pan. That's what I've already in running across the USA 2 years ago.

14 degrees in the morning, but 28 degrees in the afternoon.

Tomorrow will be much hotter, maybe 35 degrees.

So far so good because of the coolness in the Nullarbor. If I had run in the heat, everything would not have gone easy like that.

Around 4pm, I arrived at Nullarbor Roadhouse. Finally I got back to civilization where there are hot shower, refrigerator, TV and Internet available.


One quarter of the Nullarbor Plain was over. Just 300km to go to Ceduna, the eastern end of the Nullarbor.







*Today's Distance:43.4km

*Total Distance from Perth: 2215.4km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment