10/12/2013

Day42 40km West to Balladonia 41.0km

Woke up around 4am. The sun rises about 5am.

In the desert I have to start as early as possible.

It's much better to finish running earlier time.

Wind blew a bit hard but my tent was okay.

As is usual with a weird traveler like me, I was talked to by so many drivers while running.

The same questions are asked there and I give them the same answers.

Yes, there are road trains and caravans which come and go on the highway in the Nullarbor Plain.

I might be the most weird one or the prince of the Nullarbor...hahaha.



Arrived at Road House Balladonia about 1:30pm.

So very glad to be back to civilization!!

But looking around the shop, I was depressed to see there are few food available...some canned tuna, soup, bread and potato chips...

I got some stock which I bought in Norseman but I'm wondering if there are chances to get more food as I move to the east.

What is essential for a runner or a traveler is food and water.

If I don't take a shower, it's okay.

I can imagine that I run through the Nullarbor only by eating water and crackers.

Hope there'll be a chance in Caiguna, the next road house.





*Today's Distance: 41.0km

*Total Distance from Perth: 1489.2km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment