8/10/2024

DAY62: DayOff@Sevilla


IMG_6746.jpg

Day off in Seville.


My back, neck, shoulders and hips hurt from pushing the heavy buggy uphill.


I couldn't increase my pace because the load increased as I increased the distance I drove.


I decided to rest for a while in Seville.


Due to a strange phenomenon where a two-night stay was cheaper than a one-night stay on Booking.com, I planned to stay here until the morning of the 12th.


This was the first time I stayed four nights in a row on this trek.


Went to the bike shop in the morning.


As expected, buggies are special, so it's best to replace the wheels.


One of the spokes was about to break, so I had it replaced.


It's not perfect, but it still turns straight to a certain extent.


I think it's amazing that it can still run after being used so hard.


It may be inevitable since I'm using it for a different purpose.


After that, I wandered around the city, did some shopping and returned to the hostel.


I'm not very interested in sightseeing, so I ended up spending the day in the kitchen or on my bed in the dormitory (lol).


I looked back on the route I took yesterday.

map1.png


1990km in 61 days. The slow pace in the first half of the journey left a mark on the second half.


map2_20240810002127f1a.png


It's almost impossible to get to Barcelona in three weeks on the route ahead.


There will still be days when the temperature exceeds 40 degrees. 


How long can we live with the heat?


It might be reasonable to run as far as Valencia and then fly to Barcelona from there.


It's too hot inland, but it seems to be a little cooler along the coast.


What's different from previous trek is that the tough and hard route in the first half is affecting the second half in various ways.


It may seem like I'm being selfish, but maybe I'm half tired from the journey.


A series of bad roads that I've never run on a buggy before. And it's also steep. I'm sure the buggy was screaming.


There were many trails through the forest in Europe last time. This time, it was mostly mountain climbing routes, including the Camino de Santiago.


There were some trails in the US, but most of Australia was paved roads. In terms of ruggedness, New Zealand was the toughest, but this trek was even tougher.


I think I've done well so far. I'd almost like to give the buggy a medal.


I also got lost in the mountain for the first time in my life. It's a funny story now, but at the scene it was a situation that really made me turn pale.


The journey and adventure continues until I return alive. I still can't let my guard down.


I'll try to recharge my energy with a few days off. It looks like there will be days over 40 degrees next week.


*Today's photos

*YouTube Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment