8/05/2024

DAY56&57 Encinasola-In the middle of nowhere-Aroche

IMG_6623.jpg 

Aug3

Left Encinasola just after 7am. I immediately headed for the trail. Spain is a place where you are guided to follow a very steady path. I entered the trail lightly, but I ended up experiencing hell for about 13km.


At first it was mostly downhill, but then it started to climb up a steep scree slope. The heat also made it hellish. In the end I was on a path like an advanced ski resort course, and the surface was soft and fluffy. The trail was beyond the limit of what the buggy could climb, so I carried the duffel bag that was on the buggy first and walked, then pushed the buggy up the trail. This was the last resort for the buggy.


There was almost no shade, and there was only one.


I was overjoyed when I finally got onto the road, H-211. However, the national road I followed after that, HV-2112, was a tricky one. The GPS was cut off along the way. There was no internet connection either. I lost track of the path I should take.


I connected the Wi-Fi router many times, and when I was able to connect, I started walking, but I just kept going around in circles. I kept walking until around 7pm, but I got tired and gave up and set up my tent in the mountains.


I had some water and food, but I didn't gulp down the water, I just drank it little by little.


In the middle of the night, I was worried that I might get lost.

I thought about making a rescue request. But it needded internet connection to do it.


I remembered my wife Piapi's teaching, "Don't panic."


Even when eating the food I had brought with me, I stubbornly followed Piapi's teaching, "chew your food well." Since there was only a limited amount of food, I thought that I could save water by tasting it, chewing well, and releasing saliva.


I greeted the morning with the conviction that I would definitely come back alive by myself.


9777D761-6337-4548-8059-E21D47A79364.jpg

Aug.4

I started moving at 7am. I couldn't deny the possibility of getting lost, but I didn't give up on the conviction that I would definitely come back alive.


I was confident that I could manage with the water and food I had brought with me, but the heat was making things even worse. The morning temperature was about 13 degrees, which was quite cold.


I ended up going around in circles in the same place as yesterday, but luckily I was able to get back on the same route I had taken. It was about 9km to the fork in the road.


From here I headed for Aroche, the nearest town.


A car stopped along the way to give me some water, and a local cyclist stopped to take a photo with me.


In the heat, my mental and physical strength was reaching its limit, but I managed to make it to the hotel in Aroche on the hill and take a hot shower.


To celebrate my survival, I had a meal at the hotel restaurant.


*Photos

DAY56

DAY57


*YouTube Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment