8/11/2024

DAY64: DayOff@Sevilla3

IMG_5201.jpg

The heat is still continuing. Today is Mountain Day in Japan.


I have been worrying about the news about the earthquake in Japan, but I hope everyone in the Miyazaki area is safe.


After much consideration,


I decided to make the goal of this trek


here in Seville.


You could say I retired or DNF, but I think this is the best I've done so far.


About 2000 km in Spain and Portugal, including the Camino de Santiago.


If it was just flat roads and mild weather, it would only be 2000 km, but the first half of this trek was a rough mountain route.


The road surface was scree, gravel, and there were steep climbs with gradients of over 20%...all roads that I had never taken in a buggy before.


The buggy must have been screaming.


The wheel was loose and still not working properly. It would not go straight unless I replace the wheel.


The original goal was Barcelona. There are still a little over 1000km to go.


Heatwaves are expected on the road south from Seville, and there are 30-70km sections (sections with no towns or shops) where no supplies will be available.


Currently, I have back pain and it is quite painful to run more than 30km.


If both the buggy and I were in good condition, I would be able to go forward. However, at this point, it is quite difficult.


To be honest, I was in a state of burnout syndrome when I barely managed to survive the accident in the Andalusian mountains on August 3rd.


At that point, I was filled with the desire to return to Japan as soon as possible.


I thought of myself as quite tough and strong in difficult situations, but after experiencing such a life-or-death situation, I think just being alive is enough.


Tomorrow, I will run the final run to Plaza de EspaƱa, where I will make the official finish point of my journey.


I was scheduled to return to Japan (Kansai Airport) from Barcelona on September 5th.


It was difficult to change my flight schedule due to the summer high season, and the change fee alone would have cost several tens of thousands of yen, but fortunately I was able to get a flight on the 23rd.


On the 16th, I fly from Seville to Barcelona. After spending five nights at a hostel relatively close to the airport, I plan to leave Spain early on the 23rd.


I have said before that I would go as far as I could on my own, but now has come to that point.


I was about to reach exactly halfway through my 40,000 km journey across the five continents, but in the end I ended up at 18,000 km.


Well, I hope to continue my journey patiently.


PEACE RUN is not a competition. I don't want to fight against anything.


I am not thinking about distance or time, and I think it would be the best thing if I could make various connections through my journey.


Thank you to all the sponsors and supporters who always support me.


Many of you may have been disappointed with the conclusion I came to this time, but I hope you will understand.


Once I've regained my strength and energy, I'll think about my next trek.


I would appreciate your continued support after this trek.



No comments:

Post a Comment