8/03/2024

DAY55: Amareleja-Encinasola(Portugal)

IMG_6606.jpg

Left Amareleja just after 6am. After spending two days there, I headed for Encinasola, Spain.


At 9am, the sun started to shine through the cloudy sky. Route N386 runs through a similar landscape. There is nothing around except pastureland.


I took Route N258 to Barrancos. This was the last town in Portugal.


The town itself is on a hill. There is a cinema, but no large supermarket.


There is a lot of greenery, and the roofs of the houses are all red.


I got on Route HU9101 and re-entered Spain!


1:18pm local time. Farewell, Portugal!


At 4pm, I finished the last climb and checked into a hotel in Encinasola.


I had to put my watch forward one hour after entering Spain. I would lose an hour.


A fairly decent hotel with a bar and restaurant. It is the only hotel in the town.


I went out to town in the evening just as the supermarket reopened. 


There were hardly any people walking around.



No comments:

Post a Comment