8/16/2024

DAY68: Sevilla-Barcelona

IMG_6805.jpg

I left the hostel just before 11am. I ended up staying at the Black Swan Hostel in Seville for a week. It was a great place to stay.


Google Maps said it was 17km to Seville Airport. Once I leave the city and the sidewalks are gone, I'm on a busy highway. The noise and exhaust fumes are even more annoying next to the highway. The shoulders aren't very wide either, so it feels dangerous at times.


I was guided along the road, passing by the air force base and going around to the airport.


I was forced to take a strange route and backtrack in places, so it was a total of 20km. I arrived around 2pm.


It wasn't easy to get to the airport either.


I decided to take a taxi from Barcelona Airport to the hostel, and from the hostel to Barcelona Airport on the day of my return.


I packed the buggy for the first time in two months. That's it for this trip. Today's ride took me over 2000km in total.


IMG_6808.jpg

I had another problem when I arrived at the airport.


I bought my ticket online some days ago, but I guess it was a mistake that I couldn't use the smart check-in system, because I was shocked when I was told at the counter that the flight was overbooked and there were no seats available for me!


For the time being, I was told to check in my luggage and wait at the gate, and if I was lucky, someone canceled, I would be able to board.


There are many situations overseas where Japanese common sense does not apply. Is that even possible? It is quite common.


If I can't get on the flight, I will have to cancel my taxi reservation from the airport. I will have to spend the night at the boarding gate at Seville Airport.


I was supposed to arrive at Barcelona Airport late at night, so I was supposed to spend the night there.


It's the same as the feelings of a student waiting for the results of their entrance exam. I hope I pass...


It's okay if I can't get on the flight. If I had been lost in the mountain in Andalucia at that time, I wouldn't be at Seville Airport now.


If I have the feelings of that day, I can accept most things. Don't rush, don't panic, don't give up. I'm sure it will work out in the end. If you believe that, you will be fine.




The flight was scheduled to depart at 9:45 p.m., but was delayed due to thunder. After waiting for quite some time, I almost shouted "Yay!!" when I was told at the counter that there was a seat for me.


I boarded the plane with joy. I was in the front row near the door.


I arrived in about 100 minutes. It was past 11 p.m. due to the delay.


But once again, the buggy did not come off the conveyor belt. Lost baggage!? It reminded me of the tragedy at Biarritz Airport.


I asked the staff and he said it was stored somewhere else. Thank goodness!!


I waited at the airport until morning. A taxi will come to pick me up just before 9 a.m.


There were various troubles and happenings until the very end. 


Everything felt like a trick question on a exam.


I wish this would just end already.


No comments:

Post a Comment