9/22/2016

DAY62 Ytres-Roye 49.8km (France)





Early start at 7:20am just before the sunrise.

10 degrees was chilly but soon I felt warm while running.


Beautiful sunrise was seen…


About 20 km from Ytres, I stopped by at Peronne for shopping at Lidl.


This is a historical site where there’s a castle.


Today I ran on the right side of the highway with no sidewalk, no shoulders.

I was always nervous while running with no sidewalk because I have to avoid trailer tracks coming behind.

I really like running in Germany and Holland where there were lots of quiet and calm cycle routes.

About 5pm I checked in at B&B in Roye.

The owner Annie & Pascal were friendly and nice people.

When I knocked on the door, only Annie was there. She doesn’t speak English. I don’t speak French.

So I used Google Translation.

It took time to communicate but it was fun.

Little by little I’m learning French though it’s easy to forget.


100 km to Paris. Running 6 days in a row. Got to keep moving!!




*Today’s Distance: 49.8 km

*Total Distance in Europe: 2295.7 km

*See More Photos


No comments:

Post a Comment