7/26/2024

DAY47: Sintra-Cape Roca-Lisbon

IMG_6441.jpg

I left the hostel in Sintra at 7am. I followed the hiking route to Cabo da Roca.

The scree slopes reminded me of the Pyrenees again. The road for cars wasn't too steep, but the walking route was very steep.

It was so cold at Cabo da Roca with gusts of wind and drizzle. 

Visibility was gray. The temperature felt lower the more I stayed still. The shops were closed and I couldn't buy a certificate for reaching the westernmost point of the Eurasian continent.

I took a route down along the coast heading south, but while I was okay with being pushed by gusts of wind, there was also the risk of a crosswind blowing the buggy into the valley, so I braked cautiously as we went down.

When I reached the road facing the sea, the fog cleared and the blue sky spread out.

The temperature in Lisbon hadn't risen much either.

I ran 46.9km and arrived at the hostel in Lisbon just after 5pm. So exhausted.


*Today's Photos


*YouTube Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment