7/23/2024

DAY44: Villa Franca de Xira-Lisbon

 IMG_6358.jpg

In the morning, after a hearty free breakfast, I set off at 6:45.

I followed the boring national highway N10. The shoulders were narrow and the traffic was heavy, making it a stressful road.

A bicycle lane appeared halfway through, and I headed towards the promenade along the Tejo River. The sun was strong, but there was no shade. I had to rest at shelters from time to time. It was a tough road to ride for long periods of time.

Once I entered the city, the sidewalks were full of people. Urban roads were tough, as expected.

After 3pm, I had ridden 36.1km and checked into a hostel in the city.

I took a shower, did some laundry, and went shopping. Tomorrow is my first day off in a week, since Porto.

There was a fan on inside, but it was still hot.

On the 44th day since Biarritz, I had covered over 1500km. I had completed half of the Iberian Peninsula.

This also marks the end of the Portuguese Way to Santiago.

After this, I will visit Cape Roca and continue southward bound.


*Today's Photos

*YouTube Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment