7/05/2024

DAY26: Arzua-Santiago de Compostella


IMG_5909.jpg

Day 24 on Camino de Santiago.


Left Arzua at 6:30AM.


Many group pilgrims were seen today too.


On narrow trails were sometimes traffic jam.


I escaped regular route and then got into bike route.


No more flat roads, always hill after hill.


I like quiet road in the small village or grazing area.


About 3km before the goal was Monte do Gozo(Hill of Joy).


From the top of the hill, we can see the city of Santiago de Compostella.


Last 2km, sidewalk was full of tourists as well as pilgrims. I couldn't go on smoothly.


The Cathedral was seen close but I didn't know how to get there,


 Narrow street was busy with tourists or pilgrims who had already finished.


Sometimes stairs showed up and I had to take detour.


After all, at 3:45, I arrived at the Cathedral!


It's over and done...That's what I thought.


850km from Saint Jean Pied de Port, for 24 days in a row...was it long? No, when it's over, I felt as if it was yesterday that I left Saint Jean Pied de Port.


Some of the groups shouted or sang with joy. They might have been short walkers from Sarria.


Those who had walked from Saint Jean Pied de Port seemed quiet.


Yes, it's over and done. And at the same time I felt lonely because I couldn't see yellow arrows which led me to the goal.


But I have to keep running to the next goal, running around Iberia Peninsula via Lisbon, Portugal to Barcelona. Maybe 2000km or more.


Just for a while, I'm going to take a rest for the next start.


+Today's Photos

*YouTube Movies


No comments:

Post a Comment