1/13/2014

Day135 Orbost to Bellbird Creek 38.6km

Woke up at 4am as usual.

Today I'm going to pitch my tent at rest area just between Orbost and Cann River.



The temperature will rise up to 30 degrees. I don't want to reach there earlier time when it's too warm to camp out.

Left Orbost at 7am.

The scenery shows vast farming area where there are lots of cows.

Soon the highway turns out to be surrounded by State Forest.

When shoulders got narrow, I couldn't help but run on unpaved shoulders.

What I got to be careful is fallen branches.

It gives damage to the sparks of my wheels.

Or it will stick to my toes over my shoes.


About noon after running 27km, I took a lunch break at Cafe & Grocery Stores at Cabbage Tree Creek.

Had Diet Coke and Bacon & Cheese Pie.

Felt like eating ice cream so I are Choco-mint Ice Cream.

When it's dry and hot, running just a few kilometers will raise my heart rate.

Some more hills…elevation rose up to 200m above sea evel.

Around 3pm, I finished my run at Bellbird Creek Hotel.

Behind the hotel was a rest area where there's a campground.

There is only a bed in the room. No fridge, no TV, no electric pot.

The owner was kind enough to put an electric fan for me.

The room was not so hot.

No network is available here.

Tomorrow will be much hotter…40 degrees.

Took a shower and had dinner.

Some crackers, dried fruits, nuts and canned tuna.

It's the same as I ate in the Nullarbor Plain (lol).


I'm going to take a day-off in Cann River to get ready for the route to Cannberra.





*Today's Distance: 38.6km

*Total Distance from Perth: 4544.9km

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment