7/28/2024

DAY49: Montijo-Pegoes

IMG_6498.jpg

At 6:20 in the morning, I left the guesthouse in Montijo. I ran all the way east on the N4. It was a flat road through pastureland. To put it bluntly, it was monotonous. After leaving Montijo, there were a few small cafes and gas stations.


Soon after, I noticed a strange rattling noise in the rear wheel. I tightened a loose spoke, but the wheel started to shake violently. I thought maybe there was a problem with the axle.


I ran cautiously, occasionally tightening the spokes. I knew I had to get a professional to look at it.


There was no bike shop in Pegoes, but the next town, 15km away, was open until 7:30pm. However, it was closed tomorrow because it was Sunday.


I arrived in front of the hostel in Pegoes around 2pm and thought about what to do, but I decided to try my best to ride to Evora, about 60km away. There seemed to be a few bike shops. There were no accommodations in the area tomorrow. I had to prepare to sleep outside.


I think I've said in the past that the buggy is a part of my body, and when the buggy is not in good condition, my own mental state is also a little down, and when I am not in good condition, it becomes difficult for the buggy to run the way I want it to. This is truly what it means to be one and the same. There may be some cause that is not visible on the surface.


The owner arrived 20 minutes late, even though it was supposed to be 4pm. He explained the room and price even though it was already booked because he didn't speak English, but we somehow managed to understand using translation software.


When you're tired, you often get even more tired (laughs).


It's times like these that you need to be generous and tolerant.


*Today's Photos

*YouTube Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment