7/19/2024

DAY40: Alvorge-Areias

IMG_6275.jpg

Started at 6am.

Yesterday there was no big town, so I couldn't get food at the supermarket.

This morning, I finally found the Intermarche in the town of Ansian. 

I popped in at 8:30am, right after it opened.

The temperature rose up to 30 degrees this afternoon, so I brought plenty of water.

Because of heat I would lose my appetite as I drank too much water.

I was happy to take a rest in the shade of the trees. Once I was in the shade, it was hard to get out.

I entered the trail and there were some scree areas. The steep gravel road almost made me slip with the buggy.

I went up to an altitude of over 400m, then went down again. 

You can tell you have crossed the mountain by looking back.

Around 3pm I entered the town of Areias.

There was only one supermarket open, so I did some more shopping.

The guesthouse I stay tonight was opened by an Estonian family a few months ago.

The wife was particular about organic products, herbs, and aromas. 

There was a pool in the large garden. There was also a farm.

Lisbon is getting closer but the summer heat will keep me slow.


*Today's Photos

*YouTube Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment